"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









11.05.2010

Pumpkin Pie..with a twist Day 5 of the Feast

This version of the pumpkin pie came from my cousin Jan. Believe it or not, I do not like pumpkin (even tho I have all these pumpkin recipes!!) I do love the way it smells and bakes up, AND my family loves it, so I bake with pumpkin frequently. My Human Taste Testers tell me this version of the pumpkin pie is delicous! It is SO easy as well.
INGREDIENTS
1 roll out pie crust
(fit the pie crust into your pan. Crimp edges. Make it look beautiful)
1 can Libby's Pumpkin Pie MIX
(make sure it is the mix...it already has everything in it)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
(this is the secret...make sure it is sweetened condensed. And yes, use the WHOLE can.)
2 eggs, beaten

Combine filling ingredients. Mix well.
This will fill one deep dish pie (or two smaller regular ones)
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Continue baking for another 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
When a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, it is done.
Remove from oven. Let cool. Pile on the whipped cream.
Sprinkle a little cinammon sugar over the whipped cream for looks.
Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails