"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









12.04.2010

Santa Love

A couple more pictures of my Santa collection. The Santa above in the glass case is a Santa that my Grandfather Flanagan gave to me.  He lived about two hours away and would frequently surprise us and be at our house, always with some great gift. One day when I was probably about four years old he showed up with this Santa bank. AND the bank had a roll of dimes inside of it.  I remember thinking that $5 worth of dimes made me rich! The dimes are long gone, but the Santa is one of my very favorites. Every time I look at it, I am reminded of my precious Granddad Flanagan and his generous spirit.

The picture below is a sampling of my OU Sooner Santa collection.  Since my Sooners won the Big 12 Championship tonight, I had to include them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails