"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









12.02.2010

Let's Talk Turkey

I set two tables for Thanksgiving. This one I set with my dishes my husband bought for me for our anniversary last year. He got them at Marshall's.  My husband actually loves to shop at Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Ross.  We seem to always leave with more than we went in for....BUT since we get a bigger bang for our buck, that is great!
After I had taken all the pictures (but before I served dinner, thank goodness!!) I realized I had not put my silver chargers under the turkey plates. I got them on and they looked beautiful. They went very well with the turkey napking holders I picked up at Hobby Lobby for 90% off two days before Thanksgiving.
Because the dishes have softer fall colors, I like to bring those colors out as well. The salad plates for the table were the blue from the table. I chose to set them out in two stacks on the table because I did not want to cover the turkey plates.
I used an antique lace tablecloth from Italy on the table and put a rustic brown burlap runner down the middle. I love the look of burlap and lace together.

I also got dessert plates and bowls to go with my wonderful turkey dishes, but those were on the buffet by the food.
The turkey napkin rings look perfect with the plates. My husband bought me 12 of the plates, bowls and small plates, so I have a pretty complete set. My plan is to check out Marshall's again next year hoping they have more dishes or extra pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails