"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









12.02.2010

Jewel of a Table

On one of my Thanksgiving tables I mixed the old with the new. By that I mean the very old with the very new!
And I am so happy with the results.

My mom had given me her set of Jewel Tea china. It is well over 100 pieces. I had loved it forever and had always thought how pretty it would look in the fall.
I paired it with salad plates from the Better Home and Garden collection, which can be found at Wal-Mart. By the time I bought them they were $2 a piece. Not bad for such cute little plates! I also bought the tablecloth from the collection and the four napkins they had left. (Yes, I got these all on sale as well.)
The leaf napkin rings I bought at JCPenney's for 90% off a few years ago.  I got the leaf placemats at Ross for Less. I bought the "jeweled tone (get it, jewel tone, Jewel Tea???) pumpkins at Hobby Lobby two days before Thanksgiving at 90% off as well.
The town we lived in for so long in Kansas is known as the "Town of Beautiful Maples".  Because of that I am a little biased towards leaves in the fall. I think when decorating with them that my children will always think of the town where they grew up. When I combined all my leaves, they all seemed made for each other!
Here is a shot of the BHG plate. The Jewel Tea is under it. I used the Jewel Tea bowls, salad plates, dessert plates, pot holders, casserole dishes, and serving pieces as well. They just are not pictured.
I put brown chargers under the plates, but I had taken some of the pictures before I remembered my brown chargers!
I added the leaf placemats on top of the leaf tablecloth.  Maybe I should set this up outside next year...under the leaves!!

Here is a close-up of the Jewel Tea plate. Simple and beautiful. I need to show the entire collection some time.
Luckily, none of my other siblings saw the 'beauty' in the dishes!
I had one extra BHG plate, so I put it on the dessert buffet as decoration.
The Jewel Tea dishes are from the 1930's.
The BHG dishes are from this year.
Combined they made a jewel of a table!
Join me and at Susan's blog for other lovely tablescapes.

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely fall tablescape, looks very pretty.
    and your desserts look lovely too...
    Very pretty plates and like the leaf placemats as well.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tablescape.
    You outdid yourself!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table...I used the purple plates from WalMart last week...they didn't have any of the white or I would have bought those, too! The white ones go great with the Jewel Tea china. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails