"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









1.11.2010

Winter Beauty


In Oklahoma our winter is far worse than we usually have.  Our Christmas week found us all snowed in and unable to travel even short distances.  There is no one that hates snow and cold worse than I do.  When I get this attitude, God has to remind me there is beauty in everything.  The lake where I grew up actually froze.  That has only happened three times since they have been keeping record.  There was snow everywhere and we looked out the window and the sun was shining on the hills across the lake.  Somehow, a red glow was coming off the hills. Paired with the snow and ice it was absolutely beautiful.  I tried to go out on the deck to take some pictures, but the deck was so icy it was hard to stand and get a good picture.  I was determined to get something though to remember the winter beauty.  It was God's own version of decorating for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails