"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









11.11.2010

Never Enough Gratitude for our Veterans

It goes without saying that my gratitude today knows no bounds. My gratitude today is a debt that can never be repaid. My gratitude goes to the men and women that are willing to put their lives on the line each and every day to defend our liberties.
 
It is not just a debt to our current service men and women, it is also a debt I owe to the thousands and thousands that have given their lives over the last two hundred plus years.
It is not just a debt I owe to the men and women that laid down their lives for me, but it is a debt to the wives they left behind; and more and more we hear of the husbands left behind. It is a debt I owe to mothers and fathers of service men and women that let their child defend our country. It is a debt to children that grew up while their parent was in another country defending our own. It is a debt to children that grew up without a parent....because they never made it home.
Our men and women of the Armed Forces deserve thousands more than they make each year. But even more important than that they deserve to be treated with the utmost respect and gratitude for years after they return from duty.
My respect knows no bounds. My gratitude has no end.
How do you say 'thank you' to people that would give all for others they don't even know?
I work hard to teach my children the same respect I feel towards our servicemen and women. I work hard to tell them stories of their grandfathers and great-grandfathers who served. I pass along stories of their uncles and cousins and friends of the family who were...and are...willing to defend their freedom.
I am proud there is a day set aside to honor our Veterans, but I hope that we use the other 364 days to honor them as well.
Their duty never gets a day off and nor should our gratitude. My gratefulness is limitless to those that are willing to keep us the "Land of the free and home of the Brave."
God Bless America
and
God Bless the Men and Women Who Defend our Freedom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails