"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









11.09.2010

Bounty--Day 9 of Gratitude

On this the ninth day of listing things I am grateful for, I am grateful for the bounty in my life. There are so many times when I think I need this or that, or I have to have this or that, when in reality, my life is overflowing with abundance. 

It is at this time of the year when we are bombarded with pictures and ads telling us of all the things we really need. It is at this time of the year that the media's power of persuasion pushes us to pine over things we never even knew existed. Push comes to shove and all of a sudden we have gone from Halloween to Christmas and Thanksgiving has been forgotten. When did we begin to forget Thanksgiving?

When we figure that out, we will perhaps figure out when we forgot to count the bounty that each of us has. Instead our "want" list grows and our "gratitude" list is lost like Thanksgiving. 

I love Thanksgiving. I love the fact that it is non-commercial. I love the fact that it revolves around food and family.  I love the fact that it is a time to reflect and look back and remember that we are truly a lucky nation. I love the fact that I can use this time to make my own list of the plethora of things I am grateful for. 

I love it that I can think of so many things in my life to be thankful for,  that I truly have a bounty. I love it that I can use that bounty I have in all areas in my life and use this time of thanksgiving to prepare my heart for the Christmas season....and the real meaning behind Christmas. My bounty is overflowing. For that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails