"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









11.10.2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies to write home to mom about!

I thought I would throw in a cookie recipe on our recipe parade.  Just in case some of you like to plan (and cook) ahead and put things in the freezer for the holidays. At my house there has never been a cookie that made it to the freezer. They are gobbled (Thanksgiving lingo) up long before they can become freezer material.  Today's recipe...the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe my family loves.

Ingredients:
(Recipe may be halved)
2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder)
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups chopped nuts (optional, your choice)
2 tsp. vanilla
Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet..Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  Enjoy!!!

My son Luke is in charge of making the oatmeal into oatmeal flour. He thinks if he does that then he can have a few extra cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails