"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









11.19.2010

Hello Jello(s)!!

I did not really mean to take the day off yesterday, but I could not, for the life of me, get Blogger to cooperate. So to make it up, I will post yesterdays recipes as well as todays. It will be the day of many posts!
With that in mind, I am putting up two strawberry jellos. They are easy to make and delicious to eat. You will not go wrong with either. In fact, I make both of them for Thanksgivng. (Yep, I'm nothing if not creative!)

                                        Strawberry Applesauce Jello
                                                                    INGREDIENTS:
1 large box strawberry or strawberry/banana jello
1 jar applesauce (regular size jar)
1 can crushed pineapple (regular size)
7-Up

Dissolve 1 large box of Strawberry (or Strawberry/Banana) Jello
with a jar of applesauce (in a saucepan) over low heat.
When the jello is thinned out (you will be able to see this as it disolves)
take from heat.
Add one can of crushed (drained) pineapple.
Stir well.
To this add about 2 cups of 7-Up.
(If I don't have 7-Up or Sprite, I add Mt. Dew or Diet Mt. Dew)
Stir well.
Put in whatever container you choose.
Put in fridge till firm.



Strawberry Sour Cream Jello
INGREDIENTS
1 large box strawberry or strawberry/banana jello
2 C. boiling water
1 lb. strawberries
1 small can pineapple (drained)
Sour cream
Mix all and let set. Before serving add sour cream to the top.
I like to put mine in a compote bowl and add layers. Therefore, you have to let the first layer set up some, add the sour cream then put another layer on, let it set up, add the sour cream, then put the final layer on.
If you make this the day before, then it is no problem.

With both of these jellos I frequently make double the amount shown.

Good to the last drop bite!

1 comment:

  1. That's my baby boy's favorite. If we don't have it on the table, for him it's not Thanksgiving. I haven't tried it in a compote, though. Probably because I don't own one. LOL

    Do you make Tuela Privitt's fresh apple cake with caramel icing? I posted it today--
    http://smalltownworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails