"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









11.12.2010

Easy as (Pecan) Pie....and a little bonus recipe!

When I think of Thanksgiving, I always think of Pecan Pie...more specifically my mother's pecan pie.
 My mom got the recipe from my grandmother. This pie has graced the tables at our family dinners and Thanksgivings for as long as I can remember.  It is the only Pecan Pie recipe I have ever seen that does not have syrup in it. It is by far the best pecan pie I have ever eaten. EVERYONE that eats it agrees! This recipe is an absolute MUST try.
 Pecan Pie
1 C. brown sugar (packed)
1/2 C. sugar
1 T. flour
2 eggs
2 T. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. butter (melted)
1 C. pecans
Unbaked pie shell
Mix first 3 ingredients. Beat in eggs, milk, vanilla and butter. Stir in nuts and pour
into unbaked shell. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
You will love every. single. bite!

 BUT WAIT!!
TODAY IS A TWO FOR ONE DAY!
 And if Pecan Pie is not enough for you, then you can make the Pecan Pie Muffins to start your Thanksgiving morning. (You can thank me later.)
Pecan Pie Muffins
1 cup chopped pecans 
 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
Mix the FIVE ingredients together.
Pour into your your greased muffin pan.
(I use spray to grease the pan and I use a mini muffin pan).

They tend to stay close to the size of the amount of batter you put into the pan.
They really do taste just like pecan pie.



 


1 comment:

  1. You're right. Your mom's pecan pie is the b-e-s-t! My mom made it instead of her own recipe.
    I love your mom's pie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails