"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









11.04.2010

FEAST-Day 4--Scotchies


 There is only one problem with Scotchies.  They don't last.
 And when I say they don't last, I am not talking expiration kind of not lasting, I am talking....if you want one, then get it when you see them. They go quickly. Super quickly. Especially when they are hot out of the oven. Guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
 SCOTCHIES
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinammon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups oats
1 pkg. Butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars until creamy.
Add the eggs and the vanilla.
Add to this the flour, baking soda,
salt, and cinammon. Mix well.
Add the oats and butterscotch.
Mix well.
Drop by cookie scoop on to cookie sheet.
(I cover my cookie sheets with parchment paper first.)
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden.
Eat the ones you want now, because they will
be gone the next time you look.

Tomorrow: Pumpkin Pie (with a twist)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails