"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









3.27.2010

Kitchen Sink Cookies


 These cookies would be great to have on hand for Memorial Day Celebrations.  The recipe makes lots of cookies and they are wonderful!
Remember those cookies your grandma used to make where she would open up her pantry and add a little of this and a lot of that and a dash of that?  They liked to call them "Kitchen Sink Cookies" because they had a little of everything...........except the kitchen sink.  Today it was a little cool and misty...and two of my boys were home....so I decided to make my own version of the Kitchen Sink.  Change the add-ins around to fit your family, or whatever you have in your pantry.

 Kitchen Sink Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup oats, uncooked
1 cup rice cereal
1 (12 oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup your choice--(coconut, butterscotch chips, mini chips, toffee bits, etc. whatever you like or have handy)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray your cookie sheet(s). In a large bowl beat the butter and oil. Gradually add the sugars, blending and beating at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add the egg and the vanilla. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar.  Gradually add to the creamed mixture, mixing well.  Stir  in the oats, rice cereal, chocolate morsels, the your choice, and chopped nuts. Drop the batter by ice cream scooper (yep, use one for this) on the prepared cookie sheet. 
  I always barely spray my cookie sheet, then I add waxed paper onto the cookie sheet, then I spray the waxed paper.  THEN I drop my ice-scream scoop drops of cookie dough. It makes the cookies come right up and there is no sticking at all.

 Bake for 10-12 minutes. If it looks like it is getting too brown on one side of the cookie sheet then turn your cookie sheet 180 degrees in your oven!  
When the cookies start to take on a little darker color, then they are ready.
Remember, if you are using everything but your kitchen sink, then realize these are going to make a lot!  Make sure your kids are home..................and enjoy!

I have linked this with Gollum and Foodie Friday! Go check out the scumptiousness!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/27/2010

    Are there any left cuz I was heading over and oh, I like mine with milk please!!

    Hugs,
    LeAnn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love your cookie stacks...they are nothing short of fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that that is the cutest name for cookies and that I would like to make some! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! Do you happen to have an extra plate?

    I hope you'll stop by and see my video for a French Macaroon video. There are bloopers. :)

    I am also hosting a giveaway for a French Basketeer tote.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails