"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









10.12.2011

It's all Black and White!


Did you know that today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day?  I saw that too late to 'celebrate'. Although I hope some of you are more 'with it' than me and had a great time celebrating with chocolate cupcakes.  I thought I would do the next best thing and share a cake I made last weekend.



It was a triple-layer cake. And it qualifies in the chocolate department.




But once you cut it open there is a layer of white cake in between the two layers of devils food.  YUMMMMMMOOOO!! 

It was a simple boxed devils food. Then I used a Jiffy white cake mix to make the single white layer. Jiffy cakes are so moist. And it works out perfectly for a single layer. Of course the entire cake is wrapped in buttercream icing.  It must have been delicious, because I had three kids home last weekend and the cake disappeared in record time!


I thought it made a great Halloween cake. If you substituted some orange sprinkles on top for the chocolate ones it would be perfect. The best part is that two simple cake mixes, combined with real buttercream icing is fast, easy....and delicious!
Not a chocolate cupcake, but just as sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Love the black and white layers in the cake. I DIDN'T know that it was chocolate cupcake day. I bet my sister didn't know it either. She would have been all over that one!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails