"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









10.15.2010

This Little Light of Mine...............

I talked earlier this week about the great candle deal I had gotten at Hobby Lobby. Not only were the candles 90% off, most of them were battery operated.

The only problem was they all had initials on
them that were not the initials I needed.

So my daughter Taylor and I used
some fall materials we had and
redid the candles.
We used:
burlap scraps,
alphabet stamps,
Dollar Tree leaves,
raffia,
random tags,
left over berries,
leather and string.




                            This is just part of them!
We will use these in
the middle of the tables
at our outdoor
rehearsal dinner.
A closer look at part of them:













                              
The best part about these candles is that everything
is glue-gunned on.
It peels off easily,
and they can be
decorated
once again,
to match another
special
occasion!

I am linking this to Show and Tell Saturday .Also linking with Metamorphosis Monday. Check out the great ideas.

5 comments:

  1. So very clever --- and cute! I love the phrases you put on them! They will be a huge hit at the dinner for sure! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea and a very good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, wasn't that just as clever and resourceful as can be!

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! I got married last month and should have made em!

    Seriously, very thirfty and creative of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! You figured out a great way to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails