"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









10.12.2010

Sneak Peek..............

Busy, busy, busy.
But that's the way I like it.
We are getting ready for nine weeks test (already!!!) at school. So my classes are trying to finish up books, units and test prep.
At home we are working on wedding and rehearsal dinner details, so that everything will be just perfect for that special weekend. Which by the way, is ten days from now!

At Hobby Lobby I found 26 of these candles. 
The only problem was that neither the bride nor the groom had names that started with Z or O or Q.
They are batter run candles (with a couple of regular candles I found as well.)
And I walked away from them. For real.



Then as I continued to walk around Hobby Lobby it finally hit me.
What had I been thinking?


Especially at that price!!


See that final ticket price of $1.40?
They were regular $13.99!!!???
Even the regular candles were that much originally!



So I scooped up the 23 battery operated candles and the three regular candles before someone else had the brainstorm I did.

And my daughter Taylor and I spent last evening covering those O's and Q's and Z's up.


Now the candles are all dolled up and ready for the big debut at the rehearsal dinner. I'll show them all to you tomorrow. But just to give you and idea............


3 comments:

  1. How cute! I cannot wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/12/2010

    Hi Lori,

    Cute idea. I actually have one of those candles..hmmmm...wonder what I did with it.

    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo very clever, girl!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails