"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









10.19.2010

Quoth the Raven.........Nevermore

Simple. Easy. Quick.
As an English teacher, what better way to decorate for Halloween than to bring in a little of the Classics?

I had the fall arrangement out, and it looked fine. I could not find my box of ravens I like to use at Halloween. (In our rent house sometimes my boys put things WAY away if they don't want to have to deal with them again. Hopefully, if we ever move, I will find everything again.)

So, I downloaded a picture of a raven and had it printed as a photograph. I used my handy-dandy alphabet stamps and wrote out the word "Nevermore". I did one large picture and one small picture.

Simple, easy decorating. Now I'm thinking, perhaps a line from Poe's The Black Cat with a black cat graphic?  Or what about an eye-ball and The Tell Tale Heart? The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails