"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









2.26.2012

Simple Sundays

Today would have been my Granddad Flanagan's 101st birthday. I was thinking about what a good, honest, hard-working man he was and how we sorely miss those types in this world. He went by the idea that a "man's word was his bond". Don't you just love the purity of that simple ideal? I was looking for a quote to honor my Granddad and his strong principles and saw where my brother had used this quote on the front page of his newspaper this week about a story on virtues and honesty. Bingo. I couldn't resist passing it along. I think I could quote Lincoln and Twain every week and learn something. Hmmmm. I might have just come up with an idea!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/26/2012

    I LOVE your brother's newspaper. He does a fantastic job in our Small Town World!
    More importantly, he witnesses for Christ each chance he gets, right on the front page.
    We raised that boy right. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails