"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









2.17.2010

Hail To The Chiefs......And Supper Too

 This is the very first Tablescape I did one year ago. I bought a few new "presidential" items so I could do a new tablescape this year, but have been busy with concession stands and parent/teacher conferences all week. So, instead, I will do this rerun! Have a great long weekend!

What do you do when you come from a very political family?  Why you celebrate any and every holiday that has to do with America!

President's Day supper for the Hubby and me....

With a little Stars and Stripes of course!



Tablescaping a President's Day Dinner is not the same as a Fourth of July Dinner!  President's Day focuses on the presidents.  In this case, it focuses on a couple of the more famous men in our esteemed history.

With a few special touches for two famous men.............
 
A good English teacher can always work some literature into a tablescape!


And the cherries for George of course.  See him peaking around the old light globe?
We tried to raise our children to be very proud Americans. We also tried to instill in them the need to serve America in some way.  Along the way  we collected quite a collection of great Americana.
It was then easy to pull stuff out of closets and cabinets and make a fun little President's Day tablescape for my husband and me.
Stars and Stripes and lots of fun!
 
And of course what would a person have for dessert on President's Day? 
Why Cherry Turnovers of course!
Hope everyone had a great President's Day and remembered, if even for a moment, how precious our freedom is.

Red chargers--Dollar General Store
Flag Dishes--Kohl's
Red Dishes-JC Penney
Red Flatware-Wal-Mart
Napkins-Wal-Mart
Table Runner-Kohl's
Napkin Rings-JC Penney
Other table decor--Closets, cabinets, cupboards and shelves throughout the house!
Big Star-Dallas Market

I am linking my Hail To The Chiefs tablescape up with Between Naps On The Porch.http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/.  Go and visit all her great ideas!

16 comments:

  1. I really like your tablescape!! I've always love red, white and blue....maybe because I'm a retired Marine. :) Please check out my blog...I'm currently running a huge contest.
    www.maddycakesmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red, white, and blue. My mother never does anything for President's Day! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute with the US colour combination. Feels summer is on the air now. Much marin touché.

    Loving it.

    Greetings from a snowy Stockholm.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tablescape. Love the use of Red/White/Blue.
    Sheila @ Raggedykingdom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/18/2010

    I am so glad you linked this up because it is deserving of 5 stars!! I love it, you rock girl!

    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great table. I love all the stars and Presidents. They make such a great theme. I'll be remembering this for Memo day! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Presidents Day table! I love all the red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tablescape. So beautiful. Come by and watch our vlog version. Have a great day. Holly:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your tablescape. A wonderful theme: Presidents Day. We All need to remember this great COUNTRY more often and celebrate not just the Federal holidays, but every day of our blessing to Freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this!You've got the spirit!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the red white and blue! Nice.
    Thank you for stopping by.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! You can never go wrong with Red, White and Blue! This is a great President's day tablescape -- my goodness this has been a week of celebrations! Valentine's, Chinese New Year, Presidents Day, Mardis Gras! Whew - our tablescape party has certainly been a whirlwind of activity this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2/19/2010

    Loved your patriotic tablescape. Red, white and blue can be used many times throughout the year. I especially love to decorate with books. They are the inspiration for many of my vignettes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I think this may have been the table that inspired me to try a Presidents' Day table this year. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely setting and very patriotic. I could see their use at a lot of other settings during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never think to do a President's table! Darn, this is such a good idea. Those are such great dishes. Love the touch of the books too. Joni

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails