"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









8.31.2012

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Last week I posted my Beefy Cheesy Enchiladas and said I would post the Chicken Enchiladas this week. So here they are. Please notice they are in a much nicer pan than last week's enchiladas!
Hey, come to think of it....Finally, this post is not about books! (Like the posts have been all week!)

When I make enchiladas, I usually make both beef and chicken. They both disappear equally fast.  The chicken enchiladas are creamy and delicious. They are worth you trying them!
Not only are they good served out of the oven, but they are delicious warmed up the next day as well. 

Chicken Enchiladas

5 or 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Boil these. Shred these or cube these
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Ro-tel (drained)
1 large carton sour cream (I use about 3/4 of it.)
 1/2 cup of the chicken broth (from cooking the chicken)
flour tortillas
shredded cheese

Boil chicken breasts.  I season my chicken as it is boiling with garlic, onion salt and red pepper flakes. When they are finished, let cool then shred them with your hands. They should shred easily.
I usually use the same pan for making the sauce as I do for cooking the chicken breasts. (Easier to clean up!)
Save about a 1/2 cup of chicken broth. To this add the cream of chicken soup, the (drained) Ro-tel, the 3/4 carton of sour cream and the chicken. Cook all this on a low burner, until it is mixed well. It should look like a good cream sauce with some chicken in it. 
Put some of the sauce in the bottom of the casserole pan you plan to cook the enchiladas in.
Then take a large (serving) spoon full of goop/sauce. Put it in the middle of a tortilla. Roll the tortilla up and put in pan. Repeat over and over until you are out of goop. BUT save a little goop to put over the top of the enchiladas. Add (your preference) of shredded cheese over the top. Cover with foil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Very quick and easy. The best part about the recipe is that it is so flexible. You can add more chicken or another can of cream of chicken if you want. I have added whipping cream and/or half and half if I have it sitting in my fridge. The enchiladas are delicious because they are so creamy. Make one pan or three. All you do is just add more ingredients. I promise you, this recipe will be a keeper!

Linking with:

1 comment:

  1. I love cheesy enchiladas. What is the Ro-Tel? I came over from Stonegable link up and I'm excited to see what else you have coming up! I am always in need of new recipes

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails