"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









1.09.2012

RENEW

I am not one to jump on anything trendy. I like my own style, my own pace, my own ideas. When it comes to words though, I am throwing my self-imposed rules out the window and joining in the fun. Layla asked everyone what their "word for the year" was going to be. I don't usually think about a "word for the year". It did make me think though, if I were to pick one word what it could possibly be.  Finally, I came up with the word............
renew
Being the English nerd that I am, I looked the meaning up in the dictionary. (It is just one more example of why English majors are considered nerds!!)
The (wonderful) dictionary gave me restore, replinish, revive, and reestablish.
Perfect!!
I plan on spending a good deal of my free time in restoring my home. We have so many ideas and plans. I want it to be restored to its former glory. I want it to be warm and comfortable and a place to call a forever home.

Replinish comes in handy when talking about myself!
I have to have both of my knees operated on this spring and summer. I am ready to replinish my poor knees and get them back to being pain-free and able to do what they want!

I also have plans to continue to revive old things to put in my home and make them wonderful again. Whether it be old wooden toolboxes, furniture or pictures, I am ready to revive the old to beauty.

And reestablish....Well I am calling that 'the next generation.'
At the end of March my first grandchild will be born.
She will be evidence that the next generation has been reestablished. Our heritage will be carried on.

I think
renew
is a perfect
word for my year.

Do you pick a word for the year?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the upcoming birth of your first grandchild! Blessings on your journey to renewal.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails