"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









9.02.2011

Are You Ready For Some Football.....Food?

Guess what?
I have been holding back.
One week ago today I got....
a new stove!
Yes!
My summer of no cooking is over!
Actually, I have not even tried out my
new stove yet.
Although I have two sons that
have used it several times.
I do have plans to 
use the stove this weekend.
In the meantime....
IT IS FOOTBALL SEASON!!!
Yeah!!  Cartwheel!! Cartwheel!!!
With that in mind I have included 
TWO DIPS.
One dip is guaranteed to be loved 
by the female crowd. 
One dip is guaranteed to be loved
by the male crowd.
(And I am not saying which is which!)

BUT
everyone 
will love 
both dips.
Whip up these SUPER SIMPLE FAST and EASY DIPS.
Sit back and enjoy some
FOOTBALL!


FRUIT SALSA with CINNAMON CHIPS



  • 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
  • 2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
  • 8 ounces raspberries
  • 1 pound strawberries
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
  • ***Or use any of your own favorite fruit combinations!
  •  
  • 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
  • butter flavored cooking spray
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. ***Or use YOUR favorite fruit combinations! Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  3. Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.








BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

 INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened


1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup FRANK'S Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK'S Buffalo Wing Sauce*****
1/2 cup  shredded mozzarella cheese
2 or 3 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
DIRECTIONS:
HEAT oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together except for the chicken. When everything is mixed, stir in the chicken. Spray a 13 x 9 pan. Put the dip mixture in the pan. We like to top the dip with additional cheese as well.
BAKE 20-30 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
*****You can change this amount according to your family's likes or dislikes.
This recipe is also great made in a crock pot. 



It is so nice to be back among the
....cooking!
I plan to try out that new stove this weekend!
In the meantime, I'll be.....
dipping!

I'm linking to Funky Junk Interiors.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails