"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









7.10.2011

Simple Sundays

Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

I used the same picture yesterday when I showed a little corner of the office. Not only do I like the Erma Bombeck quote, it also makes me think of the many times God commands us to use our talents ....wisely.
I still love the parable where the servants were given talents. Two of them used their talents and their talents were doubled. The third buried his talents to save them, and therefore lost them.
Such a simple story that speaks volumes.
Use your God-given talents...each day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails