"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









7.18.2011

The Baby



Today is the 22nd birthday of my baby. How did that happen?  Really. The days, at times, were long, but the years have gone so quickly. The oldest of my five is 29.  You can imagine how busy, crazy, fun, loud, and active those child-raising years were with five children so close in age. In case you do not remember the story of Luke's unusual birth, go here and here to read about it. You will get a good laugh. So today we celebrated, talked about highways and speeding and hot summer mornings....and hoped that the clock in our mini-van that day was pretty close to accurate. ....Because 8:04 a.m. (in the middle of rush hour traffic), twenty-two years ago changed our lives forever. 
Happy Birthday Luke!

2 comments:

  1. I do remember the story of Luke's birth, how could you forget it? Happy Birthday Luke! My baby will be 23 in September....how does this happen so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Luke's story. Your kids are so nice! Must be the great start they all got. There's not a better place in the world to be from than C-Town!!!
    Tell Luke happy birthday and give him a hug from the Spess girls.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails