"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









11.08.2012

Calling all Pumpkin Eaters!

Do you want to know something funny?
I don't like pumpkin. Neither does my mom.
As in pumpkin anything.
But we both love to cook pumpkin everything!

 Our families love pumpkin (everything), so we are more than happy to oblige their taste buds.
Especially in the fall when the weather is cooler and the smell of (anything) pumpkin is just heavenly as it cooks. 
 One of my favorite things to make each year is mini-pumpkin cheesecakes...with gingersnap crust. I have posted this recipe before, but it is one worth repeating. (According to the taste-test-experts that eat my cooking.) 

 It starts with a crust made of crushed gingersnaps and graham crackers. I always throw in a pinch of cinnamon as well. (The entire recipe is below.) 

 I use the end of a potato peeler to pack in the crust. I use one of those mini-cheesecake pans where the bottoms pop out. I ordered mine online. In fact I have two of them and they are so easy to use and worth the  (small) investment.  Funny story: TWICE my husband has thrown away the silver cylinders that go in the bottom of the pans. He always forgets what they are and thinks they are some kind of washer or disc. TWICE I have rescued them from their trashy fate. (And the Hubs is the one that LOVES cheesecakes!)

 I use an ice-cream scoop to put the same amount of filling in each spot. I know I did not take a picture of that, but believe me, that is what I do!  

 This is right after they came out of the oven. They do fall back a little after they cool, but that is expected. Don't let it scare you. 

 I made the pumpkin treats one day during a football Saturday and I put the mini-cheesecakes on this cute platter. I just thought I would show it off before it was filled with pumpkin cheesecakes. 

 How cute are these little bite-size cheesecakes?  

 With the cheesecake pan, they are so easy to do. It would be fun to make an assortment of mini-cheesecakes for a party....Or Thanksgiving! 

 I like to pipe my cool whip on the top, just to add to the cuteness factor.

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Ingredients
1 package (8 oz)  Cream Cheese, room temperature
½ c. pumpkin puree
¼ c. + 2 tbsp. sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. heavy cream
¼ tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice 
¹⁄₈ tsp. nutmeg

For the crust:
8 gingersnap cookies
1 graham cracker
1½  tbsp. melted butter
1½ tsp. brown sugar
¼ c. pecans
pinch of cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini cheesecake pan with baking spray. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, grind all ingredients for crust, except for the melted butter. The mixture should resemble slightly coarse crumbs. Remove mixture and pour melted butter over. Mix until crumbs are wet. Press into the bottom of each hole. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
3. While crust is baking prepare filling beating together cream cheese, sugar and pumpkin puree until smooth. Add spices, vanilla, heavy cream and egg. Mix until just combined.
4. Pour filling over each crust, dividing evenly. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing cheesecakes (yes your cheesecakes will sink a little, this is normal).
5. Remove cheesecakes from pan using the bottom of a wooden spoon. Using a butter knife, remove metal bottoms and place cheesecakes in an airtight container. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

Linking to:

5 comments:

  1. Ummmm that looks amazing. If you cook it, I'll eat it. I like how easy serving will be with this ! Thanks for the idea ! Happy Fall, Jules ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for a non-pumpkin eater you sure make a pretty mini-cheesecake :) I eat sugar-free and low-carb and plan to make mini-cheesecakes for Thanksgiving this year -- found the greatest pumpkin shaped mini-cheesecake pan at the consignment shop for $5.00. Enjoyed my visit here -- came from Yvonnes :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth was watering looking at the cheesecakes! Way to go! Now I need to shop for these ingredients....can't pass up cheese cake ever. Thanks for sharing....lyndaoflakeland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look yummy!! I'll be adding theme to our Thanksgiving menu. Thanks for sharing at the Open House party and check out this weeks party to see your pumpkin cheesecakes featured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound so yummy and I love pumpkin! I think I'll make some of these for Thanksgiving! I wonder where I can find one of those pans quickly? Better check them out online and see. Thanks for sharing! I found your blog through No Minimalist Here's Open House Party and will be following from now on! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails