"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









5.02.2011

Gooiest...Ooooooiest...

This picture might not do the cake justice,
but this cake is absolutely delicious!
It is moist. It is different. It is great.
Yes, I have made it a couple of times,
for those in my family that are
coconut-haters.
It was fine, but I like it
much better
with the coconut.
You be the judge!
Enjoy....

Pineapple-Coconut Cake with Warm Coconut Icing
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, and eggs; mixing well. Stir in pineapple, flour, and vanilla. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.

Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven; pour icing over hot cake. Return cake to oven and bake 10 minutes, or until icing is bubbly.

Warm Coconut Icing
Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (3.5-ounce) can coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat.

Stir in coconut, pecans, and vanilla. Pour over hot cake.




2 comments:

  1. I was going to buy a fresh bag of coconut on the weekend but then I stopped because I figured I would never use it even though I always have good intentions. Now I wish I had bought some. Next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - you're torturing me here.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails