"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









3.18.2013

Springtime Fruits of the Spirit


When I think of the Fruits of the Spirit I always think of spring.
And good things.


 And friends that walk the walk and are true examples of Fruits of the Spirit. 

 My little chalkboard-makin-student asks me repeatedly if I have "something for her to draw". So this time I gave her the Fruits of the Spirit.  She gave me back Wonderful!

 The ceilings in my house are very tall. They lend themselves perfectly for big pictures/boards/ideas on the upper part of a wall. 

 So that is where my Fruits of the Spirit has gone to live for the time being. 



 In my mind the perfect crown for a hutch decorated for spring. How better to celebrate spring than seeing a daily reminder of the fruits of a gentle, loving character? 










 It's easy to live a few of the "fruits" but harder to live all of them. It is even more hard to live them on a daily basis, not just when things are going well. That's why I love this simple but  full-of-goodness chalkboard. It speaks to me each day as I walk past. The Fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. 

As you can see, I continue to change the hutch. I added lavender to it this week. Not only is the color beautiful, but the smell is divine as well. I might have changed the hutch around, but the Fruits of the Spirit remain the crown! 
Linking with:

4 comments:

  1. How completely lovely -- Thanks for sharing at Met Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/20/2013

    "Against such things there is no law."
    That's beautiful, Lori. Your student has been gifted with a beautiful talent from God. She might put herself through college selling her blackboard art.
    Let us know if she goes into business.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. I am visiting you via No Minimalist Here. I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas. I am hosting a Giveaway for my blog's birthday. Please join in if you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very gifted and artistic daughter! What an awesome reminder of each of the Fruits of the Spirit! It is a daily challenge to live out all of them! With the Holy Spirits leading, we can do all things!!!
    Blessings, Ann

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails