"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









1.02.2013

The Test of Time

I promise that 2013 is not going to be a year of
"Look what I did in 2012!"
BUT like yesterday, with the recipe highlights, 
these are highlights of projects I completed last year.
I've got lots more on the front and back burners for this year!
All links can be reached by clicking on the first words under each picture.

 BOOKS.BOOKS.BOOKS. The downside (or upside???) or being an English teacher. I was surprised at how many people were interested in me organizing a bookcase. Perhaps because you felt about yourself after seeing my (before) mess? 

 GOT GAME???  One of my personal favorites was this tiny sunporch that I transformed into a TV room decorated with vintage sports pictures and memorabilia. We lived here almost a year before I got the room together, but it was worth it. And the best part...I didn't buy a thing for the room! 

 FUNNEL FUN...Even though I had family members shaking their head over my funnel light, I still enjoyed taking a found funnel and making it fun. (English teacher alliteration). 

 SIGN OF THE TIMES...What do you do with an out-of-date table and a cool old sign?  Well put them together for one great conversation piece...and a pretty nifty table as well!

 EIGHT IS ENOUGH...Well this eight-legged table might be talking about how many times she has been painted in her life! 

 FLORENCE. Oh FLO..how I love thee. My daughter bought a complete bedroom set of the Frenchy furniture for her new house. As soon as I saw Annie Sloan Florence advertised I ordered it that day. Check out what we put under Florence. 

 COPY CAT of Pottery Barn. I took an old coffee table out of storage and painted it with my red chalk paint. I even post a picture at the end of the post showing you how I totally copy-catted (new word) PB. 

 ONE OF MY FAVORITES...What do you do when your husband wants to take (free) pieces to the dump because he can't stand them?  Well slap on the paint of course. You will love this make-over. 


MOTHER'S DAY 1982 is when I got this piece. My very first Mother's Day. If it weren't for that sentimental reason, I would have purged this piece long ago. I even surprised myself on this make-over. And I kept the inside old-school. That makes it even better. 

WHAT A BRIGHT IDEA!!  I (well Hubs and myself) took two old quilting-table pieces and made tri--pod lights out of them. I even scored cool lampshades on clearance that just make the lamps perfect. 

When I look back at some of my projects, I am reminded that every little bit makes it one step closer to what I envision my home to be.
Don't we probably all feel that way?

I have a piece in my kitchen right now that is turned upside down, waiting for some finishing touches.
It's always something!
Christmas break is over. I start back to school tomorrow. Second semester...I can do this! (That will be my sermon to the students too!)
Again, thanks to each of you for reading. It always amazes me!
Linking to:

2 comments:

  1. Lori,
    You have done some fun projects...luv that charming nightstand.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty and inspiring projects - thanks for the inspiration! Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails