"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









7.06.2010

Sea side from Seaside


Plenty of sunshine and lots of white beaches greeted us in Seaside, Florida.


Perfect sand for castle-building......until the waves take them away. Yes, I do realize I could build way up on the beach where there is no chance of waves hitting, but that spoils the fun. It is more fun to try to build before the rouge wave hits, or before I get my moat built!


Because of the (left-over Hurricane Alex) winds, there are lots of people flying kites. It is perfect for that.


If you look closely in this pic (I didn't want them to realize I was taking their picture, so I was trying to be discreet!) you will see a guy in a green shirt and khaki pants.  There are several others standing around him with pants on as well.  These are the oil-ball-picker-uppers.  Although after two solid days at the beach I haven't seen them pick up one single oil-ball.  There are several groups of them that walk the entire beach all day long, but so far so good.  There are also EPA pick-ups that go up and down the beach all day. I hear people talking about BP, but at this point, at this location, they are just being cautious.


So I will continue to enjoy this, and thank my lucky stars that the horrible spill has not ruined all the beaches yet.


I'm off to enjoy the beach....and take more pictures!

4 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to tell me you're in SeaSide NJ - the Jersey shore ! I would imagine Fla's version is much nicer !!!!! Enjoy !

    gena
    www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/06/2010

    Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you decided to go!
    Have fun
    LY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/07/2010

    Enjoy the beach for me too please!!

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails