"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









10.14.2013

National Dessert Day!!!

It's National Dessert Day. I cannot believe I do not have this day marked in red on my calendar. I cannot believe it is not the leading headline. I cannot believe that bells and whistles did not go off at midnight!
So I am posting a recipe I have posted before. These are pumpkin whoopie pies (or so named by me!). I actually made these in mini muffin pans. Easy to do! Just enjoy and celebrate this great, great day!


PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIE

2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1 tablespoon pumpkin spice 
1 teaspoon salt 
½ cup of unsalted butter, softened 
¼ cups granulated sugar 
¾ cups dark brown sugar 
2 large eggs 
1 cup of pure solid pumpkin 
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz of cream cheese, softened 
4 ounces of unsaled bitter, softened 
2 cups of powdered sugar 
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla 
1 tablespoon of milk

To Make the Cakes:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
 Mix together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until thoroughly combined and fluffy; about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until they are mixed well. Add vanilla and pumpkin until combined.

 In a separate bowl, combine flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
Sift and stir into the pumpkin mixture until combined.

Put two large tablespoons of mixture in each of the places on the whoopie pan OR
 On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop two rounded tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture. OR
use a mini muffin pan!! 
 Bake for 11-13 minutes until cake bounces back to the touch.
 Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes and move to cooling rack to cool completely.



To Make the Frosting: 

 Beat together cream cheese, vanilla, and butter until mixed completely.
 Slowly add powdered sugar until incorporated with cream cheese mixture.
 Mix in cinnamon and slowly add the milk until filling is light and fluffy.

Put the filling in on the bottom of one whoopie pie and put another whoopie
on top for a whoopie pie!
OR
split your mini muffins and do the frosting overload!
That cinnamon in the frosting is SO good!


Come back tonight to see the progress on the house!

1 comment:

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails