"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









8.21.2011

Simple Sundays

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
 Psalm 18:1-3

My heart has been heavy this week because of war casualties. Eight young men from Oklahoma were killed in less than three weeks. The tragedy of the Navy Seals is beyond comprehension. And finally (and certainly not least) I had a former student
lose his young life in the war. So much sadness. So many going to Heaven far too soon. All were given Hero send-offs, which is the least that can be done. At the funeral of one of the outstanding young men yesterday, the parent's said their son would be embarrassed at all the words and accolades and would want the rest of his soldiers remembered and prayed for. I think that is probably typical of most soldiers. After all, they each know the risks and are willing to die for such.  As the senseless tragedies bothered me, I searched for wisdom from God and this verse seemed to resonate what I felt....and needed. 
Say a special prayer this week for our Troops and for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails