"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









4.28.2011

A Rose By Any Other Name....

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."


I am still
waiting to close
on my house...
but in the meantime
there is a lot of
packing going on.
I did not want to unpack
dishes
like I did last week,
so instead I have brought in
part of a rerun.
For the full-real-deal
go here.

My mother has every single piece of
Desert Rose ever made.
I really mean that.
She has even aquired more since
I took these pictures last year.
She loves to set beautiful tables,
and actually uses it.


I also included dishes
in this tablescape
that were from my
grandmother
and great-aunts.
I'm telling you,
I come from a long line
of dish hoarders!












I am linking this wtih Susan at Between Naps On The Porch.
Also Show and Tell Friday with Cindy.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful table...love the flatware that matches the china.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and I love the flatware!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails