"I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told." -Mark Twain









5.22.2010

Simple Words to Live By..

Congratulations!



Today is your day.



You're off to Great Places!



You're off and away!







You have brains in your head.



You have feet in your shoes



You can steer yourself



any direction you choose.



You're on your own. And you know what you know.



And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.--Dr. Seuss





I thought there was no better person to quote than the good doctor himself on graduation weekend.  I love all quotes by Dr. Seuss, but this one says so much!  I was at a graduation last weekend at a college, and found this enormous line of yellow bikes lined up behind a locked fence.  It was a perfect picture!  I had to take all the pics through the fence, but I loved that line of yellow bikes!  I am linking with Tracey for great quotes. Check them all out.

4 comments:

  1. Great quote from a children's icon...love the new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given Dr. Seuss more than once as a graduation present--got that idea from a friend :)

    Love the yellow bikes with fenders, so old-school practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo and excellent quote for Grads. The George Orwell quote has always been a favourite of mine.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat photo - and I'm with you - I love graduations. :) Nancy
    By the way - you cracked me up with your comment on my sock monkeys and D.C. !!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Big Story. You thought....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails